NightCafe Community Standards
Guidelines for what's allowed - and not allowed - on NightCafe
We value our community, and we want to keep it fun, positive and safe; so we developed these guidelines for participating in the community in a way that keeps it such.
If you see a creation or comment on NightCafe that you think violates these guidelines, you can report it. Reported comments and creations will be reviewed by moderators.
Repeat violations of these guidelines will result in a community ban (you won't be able to publish comments or creations, but you can still create). Particularly egregious violations may result in your account being disabled entirely.
How to behave on NightCafe
For the most part, it's as simple as not breaking the rules below, but here's what we encourage:
- Compliment users on their creations
- Make new users feel welcome, and give them tips on how to improve (in a constructive way)
- Feel free to ask questions about how something was achieved, but remember the artist is not obliged to divulge their secrets
- If a creation evokes emotion, let the artist know!
- We highly recommend NOT sharing any personal information (E.g. your phone number, address, bank account details, etc) in creations, comments or chat messages.
What should be marked NSFW (Not Safe For Work)
NightCafe allows some NSFW content as long as it's marked as such by the creator. Many young children use NightCafe (with and without parental supervision) and we want to keep it safe and appropriate for them. The guideline for what to mark as NSFW is anything that would give a movie or TV show a M15+ rating. For example:
- Moderately sexual content, including any nudity (even artistic nudity). Overly sexual content (full-frontal nudity, porn, etc) is not allowed even with a NSFW tag.
- Gore or violent content.
- Swear words or adult themes in the title or text prompts.
- Content depicting or discussing illegal activities, drugs or drug use.
Multiple NightCafe accounts
It's against the NightCafe Terms of Service
to operate more than one NightCafe account.
We don't allow a single person to have multiple accounts on NightCafe, for a number of reasons:
- The badges and free daily credits are designed to be earned once per person. Having multiple accounts to claim extra free credits is not allowed.
- Using alternate accounts to manipulate the feeds (for example by liking and commenting on creations from your other account to get to the top of the explore page) is not fair to other users, and is not allowed.
- Submitting multiple entries to the daily challenge from multiple different accounts is also unfair to other users, and is not allowed.
When we find a ring of alt accounts that are being used to do any of the above, we will disable all alt accounts and warn or ban the primary account, depending on the severity.
What's not allowed
The following themes will likely result in your content being rejected by a moderator:
- Excessive comments asking for likes and follows - this is considered spam.
- Non-constructive criticism or content that creates a hostile or unwelcoming environment.
- Anything that comes even remotely close to sexualizing children or minors, depicting them naked or in a semi-undressed state, or depicting any other kind of child/minor abuse, including prompts that appear to have that intention.
- Overly sexual content. I.e. full-frontal nudity, images depicting sexual acts or anything that would cause a TV show or movie to be X-rated, and any prompts that appear to be intended to produce such images. Moderately sexual content is allowed when marked NSFW. See "What should be marked NSFW" above.
- Homophobic, transphobic, racist or other discriminatory content.
- Political arguments and content that could be considered bait for such an argument.
- Gore or excessive violence.
- Offensive language.
- Bullying, personal attacks, harassment, doxing.
In addition to manual reporting of creations, we have an automoderator that will flag creations and comments for human moderation.
Things that will flag the automoderator include:
- Swear words and other words that often appear in content that violates the community guidelines.
- Links in comments (except to a NightCafe page) will flag the comment as potential spam. Other users will still have the option to see it (by clicking "Show anyway") until it's approved or rejected by a moderator.
Use of the DALL·E 2 algorithm is subject to OpenAI's Content Policy. Unlike our other algorithms, creations must be G-rated, and you are not allowed to create images of celebrities or public figures.
Please read the full OpenAI Content Policy (it's really not very long).